Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Rough Week

Hey Family!
This week was very different and a little hard for me.
So on Monday, we bought a ton of things for our apartment! We didn’t
have a lot of things for our kitchen and we wanted to make vegetable
empanadas which were so delicious! That was really fun. We met the new
Elders in our ward. Their doing white wash so they don’t know anything
about the area, it’s kinda funny, Pobrecitos. They’re both blonde with
blue eyes so it should be interesting them working in Alejandro Korn.
At night, we called the mission office to get our bikes fixed and to
get a huge new map because my companion is blind. Haha. No just
kidding. We want to work better because we have a huge amount of
people to visit and they don’t fit in the map. Like we have about 400
old investigators. It’s crazy.

Tuesday, my companion had an interview with president Calquin. So we
went all the way to Banfield, and I was just waiting patiently for her
to finish. The interview was longer than I thought. It was almost
three hours. And this day presidents son was leaving on his mission to
Peru and the new missionaries were all arriving to the mission house.
Well of course I wanted to get to know all the new missionaries. They
all arrived and they had their introduction for the mission and the
assistants were trying to talk in English and they couldn’t it was
hilarious. I then started talking to the two elders that were from the
U.S. They had tons of questions and I was responding honestly but I
don’t think that was smart, because they then got a little scared but
they’re fine. Haha. They asked me, SO is it true we’re in the most
dangerous mission in Argentina? And I said yeah pretty much, the
elders normally don’t walk around with anything only BOM to give out.
So that was the morning and the afternoon. We got a call from Hna
Guevara who is inactive and wants us to visit her. So right when we go
to our area we visited her, and her daughters kids aren’t baptized. She
wants the best for her daughters so asked us to teach them. We are now
teaching her daughter Julieta, she’s 12 years old and set a date for
baptism. April 9th, and she’s very excited and has such a strong
testimony. At night my companion shared with me why she had an
interview. She’s going through some hard times right now, I actually
went through the same trial she’s going through before the mission. But
she’s passing through it right now. It hurts me a lot that she’s hurting
and I know that I was her companion for these short amount of days so
I can learn something and help her feel my love and Heavenly fathers
love. Hermana Navarette is so sweet and I just want the best for her.

On Wednesday, We had lunch with Hna Nina, she’s always cooks the best
food every Wednesday. In the afternoon we passed by a few people, and
I’m not sure if you guys remember the couple, Valentina and Santos.
They attended church a few times, and Valentina had cancer, well we
passed by to visit them, and we heard the most terrible news ever that
Valentina passed away. This news just broke my heart. We said a prayer
with Santos to give him comfort and I shared my experience with Betty,
that I know what he’s going through, and that cancer really is the
worst thing ever but with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ we can
overcome these hard times. Santos really is so special, were trying to
help the best we can so he can live with his wife again. At about 6 we
received a call that Hermana Navarrette will be going home...This news
and this day was just the worst for me. I don’t know what else I could
do. The pain I had in my heart for Santos and for my companion, just
hurt me emotionally. I know that everything that we go through in life
is for a purpose and this week I learned that if we have courage to
repent everything will be better in the end. It will be hard at first
but if we have faith, it’ll all be okay. At night my companion had to
talk to her mom so we went to an internet cafe really late. And this
story is a little funny but terrible! Haha. When we arrived my
companion started to write her mom and I tried to sit in the seat next
to her but the man working said I cant because the boss doesn’t like
it. So I tried to share the seat with my companion and then she said
we can’t do that either. So I just stood for about an hour, being 9 at
night I got tired so I ended up squatting near the floor. A man walked
in and bought a computer to use, he then said to me that I should sit
in the seat, and I said they won’t let me because I need to rent a
computer to use the seat. So he then started yelling because we share
the gospel, its late, there’s no one in the cafe and I’m in a skirt,
crying because what’s going. This man then offered to pay for the
computer so I can use the seat. You don’t know how mad I was after
this, but really? Haha. I love all Gods children. Haha. That wasn’t the
end of the day, not yet. After at 3 in the morning, we heard a buzzing
sound like a huge bug. So we then turned the lights on and it was a
huge beetle in my companions bed! Eww! I couldn’t sleep at all during
the night.

Thursday, my companion left in the morning, and then my companion
Hermana Biesinger arrived, she’s from New York but grew up in Utah.
She’s so sweet and loving. I know that well work here great in
Alejandro Korn. It was really hard to change my companion because I
really loved Hna Navarrette. At night we then had The family home
evening.

Friday, Was the conference for the leaders and it was all day so we
didn’t have that much time to work, but I have so much energy and
excited to work harder and help the sisters complete their goals. At
night was new beginnings, and our investigator, Julieta showed up. I
think she enjoyed it.

Saturday, We taught Brisa, she’s 17 years old with a 10 month baby but
has a desire to change her life and wants the best for her baby. We
also set a date for her for baptism April 30th! She’s excited and ready
for a change.

Sunday, Rodrigo, Brisa and Juliets came to church and they all enjoyed
it. Hna Biesinger and I are very happy for the progress with our
investigators and the help we have here. I’m excited for this week and
the success to come. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Hermana Davis

My mom, me and my daughter! Three generations.
Waiting for the train.



New beginnings with Julieta and her family!
My lovely crocs and just wanted to tell everyone I love you!





The Birds that always wake us up in the morning!
Clothing drive!
Family Home Evening with my new companion, Hna Biesinger!




Traveling to the Leader conference at 7:30 in the morning!
We ate canelones! It’s like a pancake burrito.
The old district is united once again!










No comments:

Post a Comment