Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Companion exchange for the day


Hola Familia!
This week was so great and a lot of things happened. So there is "mucho Barro" in the streets everywhere because it’s winter in Argentina, so it’s very cold and wet. But it’s great, Anyway, My companera and I were proselyting and ran into one of our investigators but I slipped and fell in the mud and the investigator kept walking, it was so embarrassing. Haha. 

Me being blonde in Argentina is the weirdest thing ever because all of the members always touch my hair and stare into my soul. Jk. But it is just like the experience in Japan. Pero, Esta bien!
2 Almuerzo´s yesterday and it was awesome except for the fact that the portion sizes here are huge, entonces I ate so much but the best part is, we were all sharing the same napkin, and it reminded me of Betty, if I can remember right in Brazil, Brazileans use one towel for the whole fam bam. It’s awesome though!

This week is "Show de Talentos!" and the elders in Claypole B and Claypole A (Mi and Mi Companera) are organizing the event and I’m hoping a lot of people show up. It should be fun! I had intercambiars or exchanges with the misioneras in Adrogue and it was so awesome seeing a different area of Argentina. My new companion for the day was Hermana Concenes. She is awesome and from Peru. 

So in my ward there is a family that has a son serving a mission in a different part in Argentina but it turns out that the Elder that hit me in the head with the soccer ball in the CCM is their son! It is so awesome and the girl that just got baptized, Melaney is his girlfriend! It is such a small world and I love the people here in Argentina. 
I love my companion and she is so awesome and patient. Spanish is picking up and getting better. I am understanding people now, not the whole sentence but I get the jist of what is going on. It definitely has been a great week because we have 3 investigators with Fechas! Whoop Whoop! Haha. The church is definitely true. 

Jesus Christ lives and the reason why he had to get baptized is because this is his church. Jesus Christ is perfect and we are imperfect but through the Atonement, through repentance and Jesus´s Christs example we can live with our Heavenly Father, like Jesus Christ. That is true love. Patience and Love is the things that I focused on being this week. Trying to be like Christ, to always have the spirit with you. 
I love you guys and hope you are staying warm, going into lovely summer! Because its winter Aqui! 
Write me!
Love,
Hermana Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment