Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Mosquitoes and Food!

Last Week of my first Transfer!
Hola everyone!
Let me just say the church is so true and when people feel the Holy Ghost that is when they accept and want to hear more about the gospel. We have 2 baptisms this Saturday and I can’t wait because they are just so excited. And also, we have two more investigators with dates for baptism. And it is actually my first baptism in the mission, Melaney’s mom and sister. Melaney is like a little missionary and just shares her testimony with her family and when we taught the Restoration with her family the spirit was so strong and we ended the lesson with all of us crying. I know that when we live worthy and want the Holy Ghost to be with us, he will influence us and our lives in many ways with blessings. But Faith and wanting to have the Holy Ghost with you is the first step. When we teach with the Holy Ghost that is when the investigator knows the truth of the gospel. 

This week I had intercambiars again, but with a missionary from Adrogue. And this was a test because I don’t know the area that well, but it was so fun because she is from Wisconsin and spoke English, so in the night in our apartment we just talk and talk. I knew the area though! With a map! Yay! Haha. There was Stake Conference Saturday and Sunday. The stake is smaller in this area, not that many members but the members are very strong. The problem is that there isn’t a lot of jobs, so people have little "Kioscos" attached to their houses, and they just sell dulces, treats, bread. So they work that all day and don’t have time for church, entonces its difficult to get people to church. 

I Was Attacked By Mosquitos! During last Monday, my district was walking around down town and then when we got home, I looked at my face and had like 15 mosquito bites on my face and hands. Yes, I looked Muy Fea! So Yay! Haha. I went downtown to receive my tramites! I think in English it’s my visa or permit to live here. But in the process, the employees were going over the information with me and wrote that I was a man and we had to restart the entire process again. Lol. But it’s totally fine. It happens! We just missed the train that’s all. Chiste! (:

I love you all and Hope you are enjoying your last few weeks of school before summer starts. Love you! Choy!
Love,
Hermana Davis

P.S. The pictures below are when my district and I went downtown on Monday and ate at a buffet and it was muy Rico! I have never eaten so much meat in my entire life. And the other picture is of me today in my apartment because why not? Haha.
P.S. No, I don’t think I can wear pants in my mission. I haven’t heard about anything concerning the rule change. But that’s awesome because it is so cold and I was attacked by mosquitoes so that’d be nice. Haha. 




No comments:

Post a Comment