Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Monday, April 25, 2016

First week in the field

Hola Everyone!
I don’t have much time but I’ll tell you as much as I can! 
Let me just tell you President Thurgood and his wife are so sweet and great. I love them so much. Our first day there we ate Argentine pizza and it was MUy Rico! Haha. 

I then met my new companion, her name is Hermana Villavicencio, and she is from Santiago Chile!
She is so sweet and amazing. I had my first baptism this yesterday! That’s how awesome she is. Her attitude and patience with me is awesome. Learning Spanish is very hard because people here slurr their words and pronounce words differently. I am hoping and I know that I will be able to understand my people soon. The People of Claypole A!



Claypole is a pretty populated area and so area is split in half with elders because there are so many people interested in the church. My mission had 60 baptisms just this month. That’s how much South America is ready for the gospel. Just this week my companion and I asked two people to be baptized and have we 4 investigators. I love the gospel and I love the people of Argentina! 

Something different about Argentina, there are huge cockroach’s everywhere. My companion and I helped a family clean their house on Saturday and there were so many it was crazy. Also, everything cooked here is always cooked in oil, always. And so yes, I will be a gordita. Haha. The Spanish is coming along because of my companion and the desire I have to talk to people. I bore my testimony at church yesterday and it wasn’t that bad, I think. Haha. 

The members are so sweet and giving. I am so happy to serve in Claypole and be a missionary. 
My spiritual thought this week is remember there is purpose for everything. The church, the Atonement, The Book Of Mormon, Baptism, and all the blessings in the temple is because God loves us so much. Always remember we are his children. 
Love you all! Write me! 

Forgive my bad grammar! I’ve been thinking is Spanish! Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment