Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Spanish vs English

It’s Freezing!

I finally I am feeling like an Argentine. Yay! So when I speak in English now, because my companion wants to learn English and I teach English, my brain hurts so bad and usually words that come out are in Spanish. It’s a good thing, but crazy I am at this point already. I love Spanish! A funny story with this, I was helping a investigators son pray and so I was speaking in Spanish, but spoke English out loud, so it went something like this, Haha. Thinking "Tener Fe"but said "To have faith". And then this poor 8 year old was so confused and didn’t want to finish the prayer. Haha. This is a problem. Also, another problem, I don’t sleep at night because my brain thinks so hard in Spanish in my dreams that it never fully rests and so what I have to do to actually fall asleep is sing a song or read the scriptures in English. It’s wonderful. :) 

This week my ward visited the temple and it is so beautiful. We weren’t able to enter because we had one of our investigators entire family there and another investigator. In the temple, like the waiting room, the temple provides a television for us missionaries and so in the temple we teach our investigators about eternal families. It is such a beautiful blessing we have. I know that families are eternal and being able to share my testimony and teach Gods children about this amazing blessing and so awesome.

I’m pretty sure I ate a whole container, package of cream cheese in one sitting! Haha. A traditional dessert here is called "Arope de Chanar" and "Vigilante con queso y dulce", and what it basically is, is about an inch thick of dehydrated fruit, usually strawberries on top of about a half an inch thick of cream cheese. The texture is...different but it’s really good and rich because on top they drizzle this really rich chocolate syrup. It’s really expensive here to eat, so i got lucky. 
I love being a missionary and bringing Gods children unto Christ. Claypole is the best!
Love you all! Choy!
Love,

Hermana Davis

The photos are of my companion and I receiving our money this week, Whoop whoop!
Also, I’m learning how to cook mom! Homemade bread. Yum!

















No comments:

Post a Comment