Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Investigators!

Feliz Dia De Padre y Dia de Bandera!
Hola everyone, your favorite missionary here! Woo hoo! Haha.
This week has been great. First off, it feels like it is summer here, but the first day of winter is tomorrow. My companion and I studied outside the other day to soak in all the sun but it definitely is getting colder. Missionary is progressing so much in Claypole. 

This week we have 3 new investigators. Claudio, he is such a great guy and has so much faith. His cousin passed away and he wants to feel like a family and have God in his life, but his girlfriend doesn’t want a family so we offered to help him with his girlfriend because he is so strong and has such a strong testimony. Then there is, Sandra, she is a reference of Melaney, my first baptism in the mission. Sandra is the aunt of Melanay and another investigator, Mayra. Mayra and Melaney are sisters but have different dads. And this week Sandra, their aunt is having a lot of trials right now so, Mayra called us and referred us to her. She is so great and just wants to feel peace in her life. I invited her to baptism and it was the greatest experience with this. When I was teaching the lesson I had an overwhelming feeling to ask her to be baptized, I pushed it off and kept talking and then again I had a strong feeling to ask her to be baptized. And once I did, she said yes, and the spirit was so strong. Experiences like this strengthen my testimony so much in the Holy Ghost. And the last investigator is the mom of Mayra and Melaney. The whole family is interested in the gospel and it is so beautiful because I know that familys are eternal. 

Funny experience this week, I called a member this week for us to have lunch in her house because we didn’t have lunch one day and so instead of asking, can we, I said we want to have lunch with you this week and she thought we were having her our pension to eat with us! So funny. 

Claypole is awesome and Argentina is so beautiful! I love the people here and the opportunity to teach these people. The church is true and the book is blue. Love you all. Choy!
Love,
Hermana Davis 


P.S. The photos below are of my companion and I celebrating her 5 months in the mission and the beautiful sunrise in the morning from the balcony of the pension. Muy Amoroso!




No comments:

Post a Comment