Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Lights out!

3 Meses!

I can’t believe how fast time has gone but yes, it’s true. I’ve been living in Argentina 3 months now and it’s insane because it feels like 1 month only. I love the people of Claypole and missionaries actually call "Claypole-The Golden Area" because so many people are ready to hear the gospel and there are many investigators.

This week was so interesting and different. Each week in the mission always has something different happening. On Tuesday, my zone visited the temple with Presidente because were receiving a new president the 28th of this month. Presidente Thurgood and his wife are so awesome and I am so thankful for their service. I love to see the temple and enter into the House of The Lord to remember the covenants I made with my Heavenly Father. It’s such an amazing blessing we have temples on the earth. Me encanta El Templo!

Intercambiars un otro ves! But this time we weren’t that productive in our day because of one reason. Our key broke and we couldn’t enter into our apartment. It’s so crazy! And so we waited in the pension for like 3-4 hours to get the door fixed and we don’t have a functioning toilet, tambien. Haha. Entonces, the pensioneros fixed our toilet also. It was so funny though because for intercambiars, I guess there is always another problem with the other sisters pension, when this sister, capacitadora has intercambiars. It’s really funny.

Black Out in Claypole...So my companion were walking to our next appointment at 6 and at 6:30 here there is no light, the sun is down and people are getting ready for bed. And so we were walking on a street with not much light, and the lights shut off. We had no light at all in the streets and so immediately my companion and I were super close. Holding each other. Haha. We walked to our Relief Society Presidents home and there she had all candles lit, matte, postres and phase 10. Our night turned into a FHE. It was so fun, even though we did not have any light, we are blessed with awesome members in our ward to protect us. 

I guess having no light in winter is common here because everyone has estufas, which is heaters but estufas use so much energy and so for this. SO much energy being used, the energy just shuts off. Three days in this week, not having light. Woo Woo! These are the experiences that keep the mission interesting and fun.

I hope you guys are enjoying summer and staying warm. The 21st of June is the first day of winter and it’s already Muy Frio en Claypole!

I love you guys so much and Have a great week. Choy!
Love,
Hermana Davis

P.S. Below are pictures of The temple at 7 in the morning of my companion and I walking right next to the freeway.
The pensioneros fixing our door! So funny. Lol.

And my 3 months! Whoop whoop! Mi companera compra facturas para mi. <3








No comments:

Post a Comment