Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Blessings

Hello Family!
I hope you all are enjoying the cold because I’m dying and sweating a ton here. Haha. No, but it’s great, I love Argentina. This week has been a little hard because our investigators aren’t progressing and on top of it we don’t have much time because with the training of my companion and language study and appointments to be legalized living here in Argentina. During this week we had a family home evening with a family and the elders because normally Mondays we have family evening with members and share spiritual thoughts as companionship of 4. It’s awesome.  That’s so great and we invited a ton of investigators and less actives and no one showed up except for one recent convert. But at least we had one person there! And at night Hermana Aguero, she made kettle popcorn and I don’t know how long it has been that I’ve not ate kettle popcorn but it was so glorious. Haha. Only 9 months but still. We have an investigator that’s named Romina and she’s been attending other churches and I’m not sure what it’s called someone did an exorcism with her and so on Sunday we had members give her a blessing to command the spirit to leave. And this experience for me was the most different, scariest, interesting moments in my life. It literally testified that the Priesthood is true and is such a beautiful blessing we have here on the earth. After the blessing, I have never felt so much love for someone. I hugged Romina and could not but cry because she is literally my sister and she has such a great desire to feel the love of the Savior and feels as if there is a wall between her and Heavenly Father. She has the sweetest spirit and just wants to become a great mother for her daughter Candela that has 8 years. I did not get to watch the Devotional for Christmas but all the missionaries from our zone did an activity for our stake including the program the church is doing this year for Christmas "Ilumina el Mundo". We sang carols and watched videos of Christ’s birth and watched interviews we made of people in the street, asking what Christmas means to them. I love this time of year and the way we can find out what truly are our gifts.

 CHALLENGE: This next week, think about different spiritual gifts that you have, then try and exercise them.
I love you all and hope you all are smiling and doing the things Christ would do during this time of year which is help others to feel the joy and peace we all feel during his birth. Watch the videos the church is releasing everyday so you can have the same experience Jesus had and be like him. I love you all and know this to be true with all my heart. 
Love,

Hermana Davis


Las Vegas Buddies together! Elder Klingler went to Palo Verde, he graduated in the same class as Riley but we know the same people. And what a small world, we're from the same stake and now serving in the same mission. Woohoo!



Date Night at Mcdonalds! 




No comments:

Post a Comment