Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone!
In Argentina they don't really celebrate Halloween because it's really dangerous and candy is expensive. But that's okay. So our mission president is starting to change the rules for us and one of the rules for Hermanas is that we can't proselyte after 7 o'clock. So we're using our time to the fullest and preparing for our play in the ward. 
This week I found out Hermana Calquin, the wife of my mission president has the same birthday as me! She said she'll invite me over to the mission home to celebrate together; I love the mission, so fun. 
This week has been a little crazy. On Monday night we taught Ruben and he’s just doing everything to be prepared for his baptism. He'll be baptized for sure this Saturday and I can't wait because there are so many blessings waiting for him. On Tuesday we helped one of the areas in our district receive more investigators so we proselytes all day with them and then at night, we had choir practice and were singing right now O holy night and Be still my soul. It's so beautiful and it just gets me so excited for Christmas. 

Wednesday, I bought a ton of eggs because they're so cheap here! Its 30 eggs for $2.50 in dollars. Crazy cheap I think. Haha. And then after we had exchanges and taught English class and a lot of people showed up being the first class. Hopefully people will invite their friends that aren't members. Thursday, we contacted a girl named Oriana about 2 months ago, I’m not sure if you remember the story but she couldn't see our face because her gate in front of her house was really high so all we did was shout who we are and that we want to visit her but we ended that contact in just laughing so hard, Anyway, we decided to contact this hilarious contact we had again, and she had time to listen our message and she is seriously so great. She doesn't have any knowledge in the gospel about Jesus Christ nor about Adam and Eve. My companion and I are learning so much how to teach so simple and not with a lot of information. At the end of the lesson she said that she feels what we’re teaching is so logical and that she feels it’s the truth and would like to continue to receive the lessons. She’s such a miracle to us because we've been looking for new people to teach for so long. 
Friday we had interviews with our president of the mission. It was very inspiring, I learned that everything we do in the mission doesn't only affect one person, it affects the generations after. It’s a great work this is. I love being a missionary. 

And Saturday we had another Tormenta Celestial where other companionships proselyte in our area to receive more people to teach. And during this day was  so so so hot. And so I got so sunburnt, that's why I have those pictures for you guys of my lovely sunburn. Haha. 

And Sunday we taught the last class with all of the members together about Missionary work and how we are all missionaries. You don’t need a tag that says you're a missionary, you just need to be a member and know in your heart that we have the truth and that the gospel is restored for ALL to receive it. 

This week I want to challenge all of you, family and friends to look for an opportunity to serve someone and end your service with a sweet message about the gospel. Maybe your testimony or about the importance of families. And know that after this experience you guys will have you'll feel the Savior's love extremely and love the he has specifically for you. 

I love you all. Until next week, Choy!

Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment