Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Rain, Sabrina, and the Carnival!

Lluvia, Lluvia, Lluvia!
This week has been extremely wet and cold but Heavenly Father is definitely blessing Claypole with our faith. We received a reference from the Hermanas of Burzaco. So the day when there was a storm outside and it was raining, windy and freezing cold we decided to visit Sabrina. We shouted her name because it was raining so hard, It’d be impossible to hear us if we clapped. She then opened her door and let us in! We taught her the Restoration and during the lesson she was asking like  "There’s a church that exists with the authority of God?" And totally understood the apostasy and the reasoning why there’s a lot of different churches. She, Let me repeat Sabrina, asked us when she can be baptized. Haha. We then told her the date and she wants us to teach her daughter that is 9 years old also. She said that she is looking for a church to attend but doesn’t know exactly what she’s searching for. Ending our lesson, she asked us if she can buy a white dress for her baptism. Sabrina is such a blessing and answer to our prayers. With this experience it helps me have a testimony that when we work hard and have faith, he will help us, we just need to have faith and endure in Gods time. Yes, the life and the mission is hard, but i know that God is preparing people’s hearts right now that are ready to hear the gospel, and just need us to share something simple with these people to help them remember the light of Christ in their lives. Always take the time to share the gospel with someone and be patient with Our Heavenly Father. When we show our faith and act on it, we will always receive the blessings we’re looking for. 

Some fun things that happened this week is that, in a lesson with an investigator, we were giving her a tour of the church with nephew. And just the primary was practicing for their primary program. The primary president invited them to church and participate in the program. Then, a little girl that’s in the primary whispered to the primary president that she wants Las Hermanas, hear them sing their song. I don’t know why but in this moment, I just felt like a missionary and the love of the ward. I have never felt the amount of love the people have for missionaries. Sitting in the sacrament room, watching them sing, it was like I don’t know. I just love the mission so much and all the people in Claypole. 

Carnival! Every third weekend in Claypole, they have a carnival. So my companion and I decided to contact people about the gospel in this event. We talked to a lady that was selling cotton candy, we then bought cotton candy and it was the weirdest thing in my life. Because it’s so humid in Argentina the cotton candy was like eating itself, and dissolving because it was so humid! And it’s the messiest thing ever to eat with humidity. Pobrecita mi companera, she had sugar all over her jacket. Haha. 

And lastly, teaching English. I never knew that teaching English is actually really hard. I am so happy I’m learning English to Spanish because Spanish to English is so complicated. Haha. But that’s fun, we have classes of English every Tuesday and Friday. Oh yeah, by the way, I think I’m a pro now at leading music. I’ve led the music in all three hours in church for the whole time I’ve been in Claypole. It’s like I’m the only person that knows how. Haha. But it’s fun, I love serving the El Barrio de Claypole. 
I love you guys so much and enjoy this week! First week of August. Woohoo! Choy!
Love,

Hermana Davis






No comments:

Post a Comment