Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Choy Training!

I’m officially done with the program 12 weeks and I have learned so much. Helping God´s children gain that faith to progress and learn new things in the gospel. This week I learned that it all starts with faith. The second an investigator has faith and a relationship with our Heavenly Father, they will know the truth of all things. The work in Claypole right now is getting hard. We had 3 new investigators last week and two of them said that they don’t want to listen to us anymore because they don’t want to change their religion. Many people here are Evangelistas. And this religion is very religious. It’s okay though, because I believe they will accept the gospel when they need it most and don’t have that strong faith to overcome that specific trial. The gospel is unreal and there are always things to learn more every day. We only have one investigator that’s progressing right now; her name is Alicia and she’s a cute little old lady. She is so sweet and loves the Book of Mormon because she understands the words, and loves the spirit she feels in the church. This week she told she wants to pay fast offerings even though she’s not a member, so we were like okay, Bueno. Haha. We contacted great people this week and praying they soften their hearts and accept The gospel when we visit them this week. 
Things that happened this week!
My companion and I have this dog ear zapper thing and it has an ear pinching screeching noise that hurts the ears of dogs, so we used it this week and the dogs have three different reactions, it’s with they act possessed and their neck goes in all directions, they run away, or the zapper doesn’t work at all and they get even madder than before. It is so funny because there are so many dogs everywhere, so woohoo! This is how we enjoy walking in the streets. Haha.
My companion was in the bus with me and tons of people entered. My companion asked me if this is the stop and I said yep, let’s get off right now. I got off the bus, turned around and choy! The doors closed, the bus left with my companion. Haha. The next bus stop wasn’t that far, but that second I took my tag off and walked so slow, it was so weird not having a companion. I walked to the next bus stop and we then were reunited. Haha. We hugged each other and it was all better. So funny and weird experience. 
And lastly, walking around in the street, clapping in front of houses trying to find new people to teach, there then was a store with all different kinds of raw meat. These men were unloading a truck, they then took out a huge cow without its fur of course. But totally raw, a hug cow! It was the weirdest thing in my life, I had ever seen. sadly, I didn’t have my camera. But wow! Argentina people love their meat. 
I love you serving the gospel and doing God’s work here in Argentina!
Love you all, till next week! Choy!
Love,
Hermana Davis

P.S. Photo of the pretty sunset, and my comanions 6 months in the mish!



No comments:

Post a Comment