Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week Two

Happy Easter Everyone!

All I have to say first is that I love the gospel and the blessings we receive from following Christ’s example. 
This week has been full of fun moments and crazy moments. Ha-ha. Yesterday all of us Argentine missionaries were able to go downtown and receive our visas. That was an experience because I wasn’t able to understand a single word the workers were saying to me! Ha-ha. It shows me that I still need to learn a lot more. The city is gorgeous but old looking; there are many apartments that are very tall buildings with graffiti all over them and kind of beat up. It makes me want to help them all but it gives this amazing country so much character in their lives, comparing it to Vegas. 

Mission life is starting to get interesting here; the walls around this place are kind of barrier between us and the world. The missionaries and I sometimes talk about how much of a change missionary life is compared to what it will be like in the mission field and I know that it is similar but I am so grateful to be a missionary and the importance of following every rule to learn obedience and to follow Christ. Also, this week all of us missionaries were able to walk to the hotel that is the building right next to us. It is on temple grounds and because it is so hard for members to travel to the temple, they have a hotel so families can make a trip out of it. My companion and I spoke to everyone and the love Argentine people have everyone is so amazing. I know that Heavenly Father wants me to serve here for a reason. The Spanish part though...that’s another story. Ha-ha.

My Spanish is picking up though it is hard for me to do casual talk but if you want to talk Gospel and about Jesus Christ! I’m all for it. Lol.
Funny things that have happened this week...
I got hit in the head during Actividad Fisica about 10 times it feels like. Yes I am not great at volleyball or ducking when people say Heads! Ha-ha.
My companion and I say Hi to this little statue of Nephi every time we pass by him walking down the stairs to the cafeteria. Ha-ha.  It’s these little moments like this that make the CCM so memorable and making the days go quickly. 

The temple was amazing last Thursday. I could feel the spirit so strongly. Everything is so white and the spirit overall is just so overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like I feel the spirit so often that I soon start to get exhausted during the day, but that is what is so amazing about being a missionary for this true church. Every Sunday we are able to listen to Apostles talks and devotionals pointing toward missionaries and the importance of following every commandment and not complaining. Because of it being Easter weekend, it is important we remember the love Christ and how much of a blessing it is to have the Atonement and the true gospel here on earth. I love this gospel so much. And I love you all! Happy Easter! Write me!

Love,

Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment