Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Week Three

Hola! Week 3 in the CCM!
Saddest thing that happened this week, the Latinos had to leave to the mission field and there were only the 27 North Americans staying at the CCM! It was very sad because it felt like we were all family. It is such a blessing to be here at this MTC because we get to know our mission president and all of our teachers and missionaries that live here. The relationships that are gained from being a missionary are amazing. This week when it was just the United States people, all of the Hermana’s came into our room and we told stories, tickled each other’s backs and just laughed and laughed all night until curfew, which is 10:30 btw. Lol. It was so awesome though. Moments like this are things Ii will definitely remember. I will never be around this many missionaries again for this long period of time. And I love it! Everyone just wants to improve in themselves and in the language while at the same time have fun!
I love it here at the MTC!

Happiest thing that happened this week was...Proselyting!

Of course it was nerve racking at first and my companion and I only wanted to talk to people on the street but the second we started knocking on doors it became a totally different experience. We met a lady named Manuela Rodriguez and she is just beautiful. Her story of her life has its ups and downs but she is definitely a golden investigator. We invited her to church and I was also able to understand her! The gift of tongues is definitely an amazing gift and with the spirit it can perform miracles for sure!

The second person we ran into was actually a very scary experience. This man was on a motorcycle and decided to pull to the side on the sidewalk and speak to us. We asked him if he believed in God and just tried to share a message with him. He then just kept staring at me. FYI there is not many blonde hair, blue eyed people in Argentina. I don’t want to seem conceited but all the Latinos say that I am "Muy Lindo!", I think that is how you spell it. Anyway, this man kept on telling me that and then was upset that he heard we will be leaving after a year and a half back to the United States. Let’s name this man, Rico. Well Rico started to take his shirt off and you know what we were thinking?! RUN! Haha. Well he ended up having a buddha tattoo on his back, we then had a feeling we should leave. The second we started to leave, he said something into his hands, blowing air inside of them, and then blowing the air toward my chest and then reaching his hands toward my chest. Now what do you think I was thinking?! Yes, Rico is creepy. Lol. I then backed away and he repeated to do that spell voodoo thing multiple times but he was aiming toward my name tag. I know that in this moment being a representative of Jesus Christ and that name tag was protecting me from whatever he was doing. Rico said it was a gift but it was a gift that did not give me a great feeling. And that was my proselyting experience! Jk.

We also ran into many lovely men and women that were interested in the gospel. I never knew Ii had that much knowledge of the gospel and of Spanish until this experience. I am so happy I came to this MTC so I can receive this practice. 

Fun Stories this week were...
Buying ice cream at this small little store in the middle of a neighborhood. I got banana split ice cream, which had banana and dulce de leche mixed in with it. It was delicious!
Every Friday is Pescado Friday which is so awesome because if anyone knows me, i love my fish. Haha. 
We got new Latino’s today! It’s so fun and makes the MTC experience different again. 
And Easter! Of course was perfect. We all got chocolate eggs and watched a missionary live devotional that was awesome!
Well I love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment