Serving from March 10, 2016 to September 2017

Scripture

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Happy New Year 2017!
I cannot believe 2016 is over and we are in 2017 right now. When did time pass by? Lol. I definitely loved every moment of 2016 and 2017 will be filled with even better things, I know it. This week was fun and a little slow because of the extreme heat and humidity. At night it’s so hot, I shower with the coldest temperature my shower can reach, and then get out and I’m sweating again. It’s so humid. Without humidity its fine. but there's always so much humidity. At night I’m praying in the middle of the night to have some help to sleep in the humidity because it’s so hot my body can’t rest. It’s kinda sad and funny at the same time. During this week, on Tuesday we visited two members, who are both brothers and kinda lonely, so we sang them a Christmas song with the elders and a couple who are members. As we were waiting outside to go into their house, I felt something crawl on my neck, I touched my hair and thought it was my bobby pin falling down, so I took it out of my hair. It then fell on my shirt. I looked down on my shirt and it was not a bobby pin, it was a huge beetle! I was literally freaking out and the elders thought it was so funny and it was actually really sad and disgusting at the same time. On Wednesday, we had our normal Family home evening in the church with the ward and I of course was responsible to watch the elders little investigator that is 6 years old. His name is Eric and he’s the most adorable thing ever.  During the FHE to keep him entertained, he was running back and forth on the stage and I was the bad guy and had to shoot Eric, and then he started to shoot me. Then we just started the game of guns and robbers. Haha. A game between a 20 year old and a 6 year old. Haha. We have an investigator whose named Gabi and he has autismo but has a desire to be baptized because he wants to pass the sacrament. And so were teaching him and his parents are both members, but because he has more than 8 years it’s a baptism for the missionaries. I love Gabi so much and am learning so much teaching him. How to teach things simply and with a lot of love and patience. I know that’s how Heavenly Father taught everyone when he was here on the earth. Our mission president said that his baptism this Sunday January 8th, will be a baptism of symbolism. Like Jesus Christ he didn’t have sins and was perfect but still wanted to be baptized to be an example for others. It’s the same for Gabi, he’s being baptized because he wants to follow the example of Jesus Christ. I love the gospel so much and hope you all put goals for this New Year to learn something new or something related to your spirituality and to grow a stronger testimony in the church of Jesus Christ. 
CHALLENGE: Think of a goal you want to do for this next year, but one that you will ACTUALLY do. :)

Love you all!!!!



Movie Night for New Years Eve!
We made breakfast for dinner. French toast, eggs, bacon, peaches with cream, and popcorn. So fun!
And watched the movie 17 miracles. 





We bought millanesa sandwiches and they were huge! Its fried chicken with egg, cheese, ham and lettuce. So yummy and bad for you. Haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment